Recording Studio Use Policies
Lathrop Learning Hub Recording Studio Policies & Expectations
- Use of the studio is subject to the following policies:
- The studio is intended for use by matriculated, currently enrolled Stanford undergraduate and graduate students.
- Use of the studio is subject to the Honor Code and Fundamental Standard as well as all applicable Stanford University policies, including the VPTL Computer Usage Policies and Copyright and Fair Use.
- The studio is to be used for audio recording only. Any other use may result in the loss of studio privileges.
- Only non-commercial projects are allowed.
- Academic uses have priority over all other uses.
- No food or drink is allowed in the studio rooms or the vestibule area except water in
- containers with a secure closure.
- Smoking, vaping, or use of an ignition source (e.g. a lighter) in the studio are
- The reservation holder will be held accountable for any damage to or loss of
- equipment attributable to their session.
- Users are limited to a maximum of two, hour-long recording blocks of studio time per
- week. Reservations are scheduled on the hour and may be made for one or two hours of duration. The last fifteen minutes of a recording block is considered transition time.
- Occupancy of the recording studio may not exceed three persons at a time.
- Failure to comply with policies may result in the suspension of studio use and Tech Desk equipment checkout privileges.
Reservation and Key Checkout
- When making a reservation note the specific purpose of your recording session in the Event/Class Title field, include the course number and course name for recordings related to course work. Reservations without this information may be rejected.
- You will need your Stanford ID card to pick up the recording room key at the Tech Desk inside the Lathrop Learning Hub. If you have not signed a Patron Checkout Agreement for the current academic year, you will be asked to do so.
- 1 of 2 version 1.0
- Reservations will be held for 10 minutes past the requested start time.
During Your Session
- The reservation requester is responsible for ensuring that the conduct of all participants complies with policies and expectations.
- Report any issues with the equipment immediately to the Tech Desk.
- Users are responsible for saving and backing up their own files.
- Software installation is not allowed on the studio computer.
- Reconfiguration of hardware is not allowed. Do not unplug any cables.
- No personal equipment other than a USB drive may be attached to the studio
Concluding Your Session
- The last fifteen minutes of a recording block is considered transition time.
- The studio space must be vacated by all participants and their belongings and the
- studio key returned to the Tech Desk at least five minutes prior to the conclusion of
- the reservation.
- If you moved any furniture, place it back in the original location(s).
- Dispose of trash outside the studio area.
- Failure to adhere to expectations may result in the suspension of studio use and
- Tech Desk equipment checkout privileges.
- You may be charged for any damage to or loss of equipment from the studio caused by misuse or inattention.